RIP TO RIVER classicA 10 km surf beach run from "The Rip" at Point Lonsdale to Ocean Grove by the Barwon River. Arguably the oldest Fun Run in Australia, the Rip to River, held early every Summer, is one of the club's most iconic events. It is also our single biggest fundraiser and each year we welcome approximately 1000 runners to the pristine hard sand track from the Pt Lonsdale lighthouse to the main beach at Ocean Grove.
Saturday 30th December 2023
Adult entries: $50
Junior entries: $20 – $45
*Please note offline and on the day payments will incur a $3 fee.
10km Walk starts 8.30am* just west of Pt Lonsdale lighthouse. Check in and collect bib first at Pt Lonsdale Surf Life Saving Club.
10km Run starts 9.00am* just west of Pt Lonsdale lighthouse. Check in and collect bib first at Pt Lonsdale Surf Life Saving Club.
5m Run starts 8.30am* at OG main beach. Check in and collect bib first at Ocean Grove Surf Life Saving Club.
Ripper Nipper Run starts 9.00am* at OG main beach. Check in and collect bib first at Ocean Grove Surf Life Saving Club.
*Times could be earlier in case of hot weather
- Those who have registered online can collect bibs either 4-6pm on Friday 29th December at OG Surf Club; or on the morning of the event from 7am (from OGSLSC for 5km and Ripper Nipper) and from Pt Lonsdale SLSC (for 10km events).
- If you have entered after midnight on Friday 29th December, please bring along your registration confirmation on hard copy or phone. It makes it easier to allocate your bib.
- Event Tshirts will be available for collection at Ocean Grove on 29th and 30th, for those who have paid for one online. They will be available to purchase on the days, subject to stock availability.
- A bus will be available to ferry 10km entrants back to Pt Lonsdale SLSC (covered under entry fee). Bus will leave from OG Main Beach approx 10.30am and 11.30am.
- Bags may be labelled and left at Pt Lonsdale SLSC. They will be ferried to OG Main Beach and can be collected from the BBQ tent. At entrants’ own risk.
- If COVID Safe measures become necessary we will email all entrants.
We sincerely thank RT Edgar Bellarine as the major sponsor of the Rip to River.
Please support them, as they support our Club
MONDAY - FRIDAY
9AM - 5PM
Please note, outside of these hours the phone may be answered by volunteers, who may not be able to assist with all enquiries.
(03) 5255 1382
Street address: 26-30 Surf Beach Road, Ocean Grove VIC 3226
Postal address (for listing on Working with Children Card): PO Box 486 Ocean Grove VIC 3226