Echo Rip to River
A 10 km surf beach run from "The Rip" Point Lonsdale to Ocean Grove by the Barwon River .
Arguably the oldest Fun Run in Australia, the Echo Rip to River, held early every Summer, is one of the club's most iconic events. It is also our single biggest fundraiser and each year we welcome approximately 1500 runners to the pristine hard sand track from the Pt Lonsdale lighthouse to the main beach at Ocean Grove.
Please look at the other menu items on our Website about the Echo Rip to River where you will find information about event categories, prices, prizes, start times and the running course.
If you have any questions, please use the form below to contact the Club about the Echo Rip to River
The next Rip to River will be held on Saturday 31 December 2016.
The Echo Rip to River is made up of four events:
- Echo 10km Classic Run (start time 8:00am Pt Lonsdale Beach below the lighthouse)
- Echo 10km Walk (start time 7:30am Pt Lonsdale Beach below the lighthouse)
- Echo 5km Beach Run (start time 7:30am Ocean Grove Main Beach)
- Echo 1.4km Ripper Nipper (start time 8:00am Ocean Grove Main Beach)
These events are all held on the beach.
In case of extreme weather conditions a reschedule date will be advised.
Rip to River Singlets will be available for purchase on 30th and 31st December from Ocean Grove Surf Life Saving Club.
Online registrations are $5 cheaper than paper based registrations.
- Classic 5km and 10km age 18+ $45
- Classic 5km and 10km age 14 - 17 $25
- 10km walk age 18+ $45
- 10km walk under 18 $25
- 'Ripper Nipper' age 7 - 13 $15