Bronze & SRC Week
Monday 16th to Saturday 21st December 2019
Aimed at 13-17 year olds. Registrations will open around October 2019.
Adult Bronze Course
Our next Adult course will start on Thursday 7-8pm, 17 October 2019. Pool assessment at BASC Saturday 19th October.
To register your interest, email Bec firstname.lastname@example.org Participants are required to attend all sessions.
Theory sessions: Tuesdays 7-9.30pm 22nd Oct, 29th Oct. 5th Nov and Thursdays 7-9.30pm 24th Oct, 31st Oct, land based assessment 7th Nov
Practical beach sessions: Saturdays and Sundays 8-10am 26th & 27th Oct, 2nd & 3rd Nov with water based assessment 9 November.
Upcoming Training Courses
- First Aid Course on Saturday 7 September 2019
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques (ARTC) on Sunday 8 September 2019
Registration for these courses can be completed online via Members Training from Anywhere:
There are more courses being run around the state. Details can be found at:
Changes to Volunteer Training
Advanced Resuscitation Techniques (ARTC):
- This award now requires members to complete the full course every three years
- It is no longer a component of the annual Skills Maintenance (requal) process and a three yearly qualification reaccreditation process is required to be current in the award (similar to First Aid)
- This award has been removed.
- Spinal Management treatment principles will be taught through the First Aid course in greater depth and removing this award reduces the pre-requisiste for some courses.
Further information about Volunteer Training courses and requirements can be found on the LSV website in the Volunteer Training Handbook.
For any questions about training courses and assessment please email Izzy Greer (Instructor email link below).